The conference topics include but are not limited to:
- Models and standards for information and metainformation representation (including thesauri and ontologies) in DL.
- Methods and tools for data discovery, extraction analysis and retrieval in DL (including audio-visual and mixed data).
- Access to distributed and heterogeneous digital collections: interoperability, scalability, relevant information discovery, and metainformation integration.
- DL architectures. Mobile computing and agents related to digital libraries.
- Human aspects of DL (interaction with and collaboration in DL, personalization, data visualization (rendering) and analysis of data, intellectual property, user communities).
- DL and changes in the information consumption processes.
- Multilingual data access and multilingual data service.
- DL, DL prototypes and digital collections for science, education, culture, health care and management. Deployment and promotion of digital libraries.
- Digital collections in traditional libraries, museums, archives, information centers.
- Advanced technologies of digital collection building, storage and system maintenance.
- Evaluation: metrics, testbeds, results.
- Digital collection cataloging, indexing, annotating, recommendation, maintenance of integrity and consistency.
- DL security and information protection.
- Grid technologies and digital libraries, data grid.